Have you ever wondered how laminators work, than you are about to find out. It is extremely important to know how this piece of machinery functions if you want to keep your documents safe.
Laminators are a necessary piece of equipment that most companies tend to overlook. What most people do not know is how exactly they work. Firstly, it is important to understand exactly what laminators do. A laminator is a machine that fuses two pieces of plastic together with paper in between. This is normally done to preserve documentation that is important to prevent it from getting damaged. This is especially important when you are working in a mailing company, school or government offices. If you want to start protecting your documentation than you will need to purchase this machine. To get the most out of your laminator you will need to follow these steps:
- Purchase the machine: firstly you will need to buy a machine that is able to handle the workload you have for it. There are different makes and brands of machinery to choose from, so make sure you know all of the facts on its specifications before purchasing one.
- Load the machine: in order for the machine to function properly you will need to load the laminating film into it. In most cases the machine will require two loads of film rolls. Simply check the manufacturer’s directions on how to do this properly.
- Heat up the machine: the laminator will need to be preheated before use, make sure to turn it on for the correct amount of time. Normally a light will indicate when the machine is ready to be used.
- Prepare your documentation: while the machine is heating up, you need to get your documents ready. If the document is not the correct size, simply trim it down the size you want it to be before the lamination process begins. This will ensure that you get perfect results every time.
- Place the paper: you will need to place the paper or document on the machine. Make sure that it is right up next to the rolls of film. The machine will grab hold of the paper and begin to pull it through once you have turned on the switch. Wait until the paper has gone through the machine completely and allow for a little bit of extra film to come through with it at the end. This way you will be able to cut the document exactly to the right size without any mistakes. You will then need to switch off the machine to stop the process and also ensure that you have switched of the heat when you are finished laminating.
Purchase a laminator today
Now that you know how easy it is to use a laminator you will want to make sure that you have the latest models by your side. Here at Mail Mech we can supply you with laminators and so much more. Visit our website www.mailmech.co.za to view all of our products and place an order today.