Our clever chaps who deal with the email side of our thriving business are all about automation. They’re the guys who pop in your beautifully designed header, footer or signature in your emails and make people appear far more competent than they actually are.
Dressing up your email with well-designed graphics and cleverly worded auto responders is like going to work in a tux. You look good, and your customers think you’re awesome.
But, life isn’t always about professionalism and egos. Sometimes it’s a good thing to let your customers see the real person behind the title. After all, we are all humans with our own unique quirks. It’s what makes that long day in the office under fluorescent tubes easier to get through.
In the interest off office automation and email solutions – we did a little homework on the best Out of Office messages. Take a look at what we found.
Would you be so bold?
- I am currently out of the office at a job interview and will reply to you if I fail to get the position.
- If you’re reading this, Doc Brown was unable to make lightning strike the clock tower, and I’m stuck in 1985. I won’t be able to respond to emails or voicemail until 9ish on mm/dd, or until email is invented — whatever comes first
- I am out of the office from mm/dd to mm/dd and will not be checking email. It’s likely your note will be swallowed in a sea of inbox banality, never to be seen again. If you require a response, please re-send your email after mm/dd.
- I am away from the office right now. Unfortunately, I will be back tomorrow.
One of our favourite is this one:
- I know I’m supposed to say that I’ll have limited access to email and won’t be able to respond until I return — but that’s not true. My blackberry will be with me and I can respond if I need to. And I recognize that I’ll probably need to interrupt my vacation from time to time to deal with something urgent.
That said, I promised my wife that I am going to try to disconnect, get away and enjoy our vacation as much as possible. So, I’m going to experiment with something new. I’m going to leave the decision in your hands:
If your email truly is urgent and you need a response while I’m on vacation, please resend it to firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll try to respond to it promptly.
you think someone else at First Round Capital might be able to help you, feel free to email assistant, Fiona (email@example.com) and she’ll try to point you in the right direction.
I’ll respond when I return…
A big thanks to Hubspot for their research.
Yes, automating as much of your office day as you can, is the only way to stay afloat in today’s manic world. Companies are trying to do more with less resources, cutting back and tightening belts daily.
When it comes to email and electronic solutions, we are the guys you need to talk to. Not only can we sort out your online communication, but we have pretty much everything you need for paper solutions as well. From franking machines to envelope printers, scanners to paper joggers.
We can help you save time and money with our email solutions. Call us on 011 789-1608 or visit us at www.mailmech.co.za.